One new coronavirus case confirmed in Mongolia, total number stands at 11

Ulaanbaatar /MONTSAME/. At today’s daily press conference of the Ministry of Health on the situations surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic, D.Nyamkhuu, Director of the National Center of Communicable Diseases (NCCD) announced that another one person, who is staying under mandatory isolation after arriving in Mongolia on a charter flight from Istanbul Turkey last week, was tested positive for the coronavirus.

“221 passengers aboard the government arranged charter flight all went under testing for coronavirus and one person is confirmed to be infected with the coronavrius” said Nyamkhuu.

As of today, 184 people are being monitored under isolation at the NCCD in Ulaanbaatar. Moreover, random samples taken from 25 people, who are being treated at local hospitals for pneumonia, were all negative for Covid-19. This measure is aimed at determining whether community transmission is taking place in the country. And every time new coronavirus case is confirmed, all close contacts are identified and placed under monitoring, said Nyamkhuu.

He also mentioned that around MNT 800 thousand is being spent on each coronavirus patient, including costs for personal protective equipment for the healthcare team members. Each team consists of seven members, including doctors, nurses and caretakers.

Between March 15-19, the government of Mongolia arranged evacuation flights to Seoul, Japan, Berlin and Istanbul, to bring back Mongolian nationals stranded abroad due to coronavirus travel restrictions around the world.

Almost one thousand people returned on the quarantine flights, and are currently in 14-day mandatory quarantine at various facilities and hospitals in Ulaanbaatar. Since their arrival in Mongolia, 9 of them were diagnosed to have the coronavirus.

The confirmed coronavirus cases now total 11, all of them are imported cases, including a French national and 10 Mongolians flew from abroad.

A total of 3500 people have been put in isolation since January 9, and as of March 26, 2126 people are staying in isolation nationwide.

As the State Emergency Commission has announced to charter several more quarantine flights to repatriate Mongolians abroad starting from April 2, health organizations are taking preparatory measures to accommodate them.

admin

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Next Post

PetroChina Daqing Tamsag requests to resume oil shipment

Thu Mar 26 , 2020
Ulaanbaatar /MONTSAME/. At today’s daily press conference of the Ministry of Health on the situations surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic, D.Nyamkhuu, Director of the National Center of Communicable Diseases (NCCD) announced that another one person, who is staying under mandatory isolation after arriving in Mongolia on a charter flight from Istanbul […]